Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Julep Nails

So a few days ago I posted about my Julep Maven box for this month and promised some swatches, today I have two for you. :) First up is Charlotte, a gorgeous dusky lavender cream. This one is amazingly smooth and easy to apply, one coat pictured here. That is one of the things I am loving about Julep's polishes is that they tend to be great with just one coat.

Next I layered Melissa over the top of it. Melissa is described by Juelp as "sheer opalescent shimmer adds a soft glow when used alone and a high-fashion holographic effect when used over another color." Intriguing to say the least. I was going to show it alone but couldn't get the pics to come out very well.


Notice anything about this pic? Well, there are two different colors shown here, can you tell the difference? On my index and ring finger is Julep's Melissa, like I mentioned above, one coat. On my middle and pinkie finger is two coats of Pure Ice Mint Dream. Now, I do love Julep polish but... I can barely (if at all) tell a difference here! But, where I can notice a difference is in my bank account. Julep retails for $14 for 8mL, Pure Ice can be found at Wal-Mart, Walgreen's and other drug stores and typically retails for under $2 for 15mL. A bit easier to swallow for me anyway. :)


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog! While I cherish each comment, I kindly ask that you refrain from posting links to your blog in the comment section. If you would like me to take a look at your blog, please feel free to send me an e-mail with your link. Unless I am feeling very generous, comments with links will be deleted. Thank you for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Julep Beauty Inc.