Monday, January 21, 2013

Pink and Brown - New 31 Day Challenge

Pink and brown is one of my favorite color combos so I wanted to try to fit it into this challenge somewhere. Today's theme is "merge or melt" so this seemed like the perfect time to try a pink and brown water marble.  I have done a few in the past with various results.  I have finally determined that for me, room temperature bottled water works best.  Some polish works better or reacts differently than others.  I am going to show you an example that happened sort of by accident.  Revlon Hot for Chocolate has become my "go to" dark brown shade.  It is the perfect chocolate shade and works well for stamping so it was my obvious choice for the brown.  I selected China Glaze Designer Satin and OPI Pink Friday for the pink shades.  I started with a base of Pink Friday and then on to the marble.  I had some trouble with the brown spreading too much but tried it anyway on my middle finger.  On a whim I decided to try Zoya Codie in place of Hot for Chocolate....oh what a difference!  On all the other fingers I used Codie instead and you can see the major difference.  The lines are sharper and the colors "pop" more.  I am in LOVE with how this turned out!!




2 comments:

Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog! While I cherish each comment, I kindly ask that you refrain from posting links to your blog in the comment section. If you would like me to take a look at your blog, please feel free to send me an e-mail with your link. Unless I am feeling very generous, comments with links will be deleted. Thank you for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Julep Beauty Inc.